Thursday, June 10, 2010

winding path i tread

I no longer have to suffer through the summer heat bespectacled. As much as I love my glasses, I don't so much love the inability to wear sunglasses and the squinty-eyed looks I get from coworkers as they ask, "Are you sick or something?" Not sick, just too lazy to make an eye doctor appointment. But all of that was taken care of today, at SuperTarget, no less, and I am now stocked up on contacts for the next year. Or, at the rate that I change them, the next six years. Don't tell my eye doctor.

My good friend Haylie should be here any minute with quite possibly the most beautiful little boy I've ever seen. I am not at all biologically related to him, but I have more love for that sweet baby than I ever thought possible. I mean, just look at this face!



That picture was stolen from Miss Haylie's facebook profile picture. Everyone wants Jimmy and I to jump on the baby train, but I'm perfectly content pouring my love out on this itty bitty one. We will, God-willing, have plenty of time to be parents, so we want to enjoy each other for the time being!

Haylie and I debated on what to do on our girls' day today, and I think we've successfully decided on making a strawberry pie for small group tonight. I'm using a recipe I found on one of my new favorite blogs, Sweet Fine Day. This blog is also what pushed me over the edge in my decision to purchase a 50mm prime lens for my Nikon. Her pictures are simple and beautiful and exactly the type that I hope to be able to take one day.

I also experimented with making cucumber limeade this afternoon, we'll see how that turned out a little later.

There's the knock at the door. Get your aprons on, ladies and gentlemen, it's pie-makin' time!

2 comments:

Lauren + Joey said...

Love your blog Katie! Super cute. You do have a great writing style!

Can't wait to read more!

Lauren

P.S. I am totally with you on the contact change timing - 2 boxes last me a good year!

Veronica said...

yea for blogs! i'll add you to my list of must reads :) super cute.

i took that picture of jackson! that sweet face, i just want to kiss him all over!